BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support for others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
36 weeks based on NSW Training Plan requirements but may vary based on:
- Customisation and employment outcome for elective units of competency selected
- Employee availability release time per week for workplace training
- Submission of evidence for RPL or Credit Transfer
There are no stated entry requirements for BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Graduates at this level will have theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for specialised and/or skilled work as:
- Team leader
- Leading Hand
Pathways into the qualification:
A pathway for candidates considering this qualification includes:
A pathway for candidates considering this qualification include may any of the following Skills Sets:
- Team Leader Skill Set
- Workplace Supervisor, Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Set
- Aspiring Supervisor Skill Set
- Innovation Leadership Skill Set
Pathways from the qualification:
After successfully achieving BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, candidates may develop through the leadership and management pathway to:
- BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management – to
- BSB60420 – Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management course structure requires students to successfully complete twelve (12) units of competency as follows:
- Five (5) core units of competency
- Seven (7) elective units of competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||C/E|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team||Core|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs||Elective – Group A|
|BSBCRT411||Apply critical thinking to work practices||Core|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Elective – Group A|
|BSBWRT411||Write complex documents||Elective – Group B|
|BSBLDR411||Demonstrate leadership in the workplace||Core|
|BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relations||Core|
|BSBSTR502||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective – Group A|
|BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans||Core|
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace||Core|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work||Elective – Group B|
|BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships||Elective – Group A|
Pivotal Education understands the philosophy that training should be tailored to suit individual client’s business objectives. Therefore, Pivotal Education can customise the elective units of competency to suit prospective client’s specific industry requirements. Customisation may result in changes to the duration required to complete the qualification.
Pivotal Education delivers in the following locations:
- Workplace – employees can benefit from training and assessment in the work place and particularly in their work area to make the experience meaningful and relevant to vocational outcomes
- Pivotal Education – small classes can benefit from training and assessment at Pivotal Education’s own meeting room.
- External Venues – Pivotal Education arranges meeting rooms and simulated environments where required to deliver and assess part of a qualification or single unit of competency
Training is delivered through blended flexible work-based training and assessment including group sessions, one to one delivery and work station observation. This may include:
- Face to Face instruction in a designated quiet area
- Practical demonstration/observation in the work station area as required
- Integrated online learning through Canvas
- Component of self-paced study to research and prepare for assessments
- Workplace supervision
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Short Answer Assessment Questions*
- Practical demonstration/ observation
- Project Task
- Portfolio of evidence – workplace documents
- Third Party report *
- indicates essential evidence of completing a work-based training
Assessment is conducted at the following session to which the training has been conducted allowing the participant to carry out tasks directly related to the unit of competency studied and the supervisor to adequately observe the student in depth during this time period.
Students that successfully complete all 12 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Students that complete some but not all of the units of competency as stated in the Course Structure may be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Pivotal Education. It will identify only those units of competence that have been completed as part of the qualification and recognised nationally under the AQF.
Get in Touch
Have an enquiry or some feedback for us? Fill out the form below to contact our team.