BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
52 weeks based on NSW Training Plan requirements but may vary based on:
- Customisation and employment outcome for elective units of competency selected
- Employee availability release time per week for workplace training
- Submission of evidence for RPL or Credit Transfer
There are no stated entry requirements for BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Graduates at this level will have specialised knowledge and skills for skilled and/or paraprofessional work as a Manager or team leader.
Pathways into the qualification:
A pathway for candidates considering this qualification includes:
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Pathways from the qualification:
After successfully achieving BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, candidates may develop through the leadership and management pathway to:
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management course structure requires students to successfully complete twelve (12) units of competency as follows:
- Six (6) core units of competency
- Six (6) elective units of competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||C/E|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence||Core|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans||Core|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBHRM522||Manage employee and industrial relations||Elective|
|BSBLDR522||Manage people performance||Elective|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk||Elective|
|BSBSTR502||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace||Elective|
Pivotal Education understands the philosophy that training should be tailored to suit individual client’s business objectives. Therefore, Pivotal Education can customise the elective units of competency to suit prospective client’s specific industry requirements. Customisation may result in changes to the duration required to complete the qualification.
Diploma of Leadership and Management can be delivered in the following locations:
- Pivotal Education campus
- Arranged external venue
Pivotal Education delivers in the following locations:
- Workplace – employees can benefit from training and assessment in the work place and particularly in their work area to make the experience meaningful and relevant to vocational outcomes
- Pivotal Education – small classes can benefit from training and assessment at Pivotal Education’s own meeting room.
- External Venues – Pivotal Education arranges meeting rooms and simulated environments where required to deliver and assess part of a qualification or single unit of competency
Training is delivered through blended flexible work-based training and assessment including group sessions, one to one delivery and work station observation. This may include:
- Face to Face instruction in a designated quiet area
- Practical demonstration/observation in the work station area as required
- Integrated online learning through Canvas
- Component of self-paced study to research and prepare for assessments
- Workplace supervision
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Short Answer Assessment Questions*
- Practical demonstration/ observation
- Project Task
- Portfolio of evidence – workplace documents
- Third Party report *
- indicates essential evidence of completing a work-based training
Students that successfully complete all 12 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Students that complete some but not all of the units of competency as stated in the Course Structure may be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Pivotal Education. It will identify only those units of competence that have been completed as part of the qualification and recognised nationally under the AQF.
Get in Touch
Have an enquiry or some feedback for us? Fill out the form below to contact our team.