BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Course Code: 114111A
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Pivotal Education specific course entry requirements for BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management for international students are as follows:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent of Australian HSC;
- English Language
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (with no band less than 5.0)
Any relevant AQF qualification at the Certificate III level or above delivered and assessed in English only will be deemed as meeting both the academic and English language entry requirements
After successfully achieving BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, candidates may continue their pathway to relevant further studies at the bachelor level. Please refer to Western Sydney University Pathways Chart
The total duration for BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management is 52 weeks
- 40 weeks (4 x 10-week terms) 12 weeks term break
- 12 weeks term break
Graduates at this level will have specialised knowledge and skills for skilled and/or paraprofessional work as a Manager or team leader.
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management course structure requires students to successfully complete twelve (12) units of competency as follows:
- Six (6) core units of competency
- Six (6) elective units of competency
|Communicate with influence
|Develop critical thinking in others
|Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|Manage business operational plans
|Develop and use emotional intelligence
|Manage team effectiveness
|Manage employee and industrial relations
|Manage people performance
|Manage business risk
|Facilitate continuous improvement
|Lead communication in the workplace
Pivotal Education delivers in the following locations:
|Mode of Delivery
|Facilities & Equipment
|Theory Based – classroom
|84 – 86 Mary Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
|Full campus facilities:
Students study full time mixed mode of delivery that integrates:
- Classroom based training sessions to develop the knowledge and theoretical understandings required to undertake work within the food industry. Classroom settings ensure full access to internet, whiteboards and campus facilities. Attendance in classroom-based training sessions is mandatory and students who do not attend are not eligible to undertake assessment
- Online Learning – Students must complete online learning every week using Canvas to complete research, knowledge preparation and formative assessment activities including associated review questions to enhance their understanding. This time is included in the scheduled hours of training per week. Online learning is monitored and recorded to comply with Standard 8 National Code of Practice 2018
- Self-Study for class reading, assessment research, preparation and completion – In addition, successful completion of this course will require students to engage in the following self-study time that is essential to be undertaken in the student’s own time outside the scheduled 20 hours per week to include but not limited to:
- Read the relevant chapters in their learning materials prior to class so that the theory presentation has some context and meaning as students will better understand the theory presentation
- Answer the questions at the end of the relevant chapter prior to attending class so that the trainer can run through with the class integrated with the theory presentation
- Research, preparation and completion of summative written assessment tasks
- Practical assessment preparation
- Any other additional reading and exploration of suggested resources
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Knowledge questions
- Verbal questions
- Practical demonstrations
At the beginning of each unit of competency, students are provided with information for that unit of competency that clearly outlines the assessment tasks required including the criteria and due dates. Students that require reassessment will be required to pay a reassessment fee as published in the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Students are required to undertake 20 scheduled hours per week during term time as follows:
- 15 x hours per week face to face classes
- 5 x hours per week integrated online learning via Canvas
Students are allocated to scheduled classes based on class numbers and availability. Pivotal Education reserves the right to change the timetable where required.
MATERIALS, RESOURCES AND LIBRARY ACCESS
Pivotal Education students are provided with resources on commencement of their course. This includes student learning and assessment resources accessed via Canvas.
Pivotal Education students can also complete the online application to join the City of Sydney Library Service through the online website access at https://library.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Montage/Join.aspx
Students that successfully complete all 12 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Students that complete some but not all the units of competency as stated in the Course Structure may be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Pivotal Education. It will identify only those units of competence that have been completed as part of the qualification and recognised nationally under the AQF.
Get in Touch
Have an enquiry or some feedback for us? Fill out the form below to contact our team.