BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
The Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the work load of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
There are no entry requirements for BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
The duration for BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management is 720 hours delivered over 90 weeks but may vary based on:
- Customization and employment outcome for elective units of competency selected
- Employee available release time per week for work place training
- Submission of evidence for RPL or credit transfer
Graduates at this level will have specialised knowledge and skills for skilled and/or paraprofessional work as a Manager.
Pathways into the qualification:
A pathway for candidates considering this qualification includes:
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Pathways from the qualification:
After successfully achieving BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management, candidates may develop through the Work Health and Safety pathway to:
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management course structure requires students to successfully complete twelve (12) units of competency as follows:
- Four (4) core units of competency
- Eight (8) elective units of competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||C/E|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||Core|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance||Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
|BSBWHS521||Ensure a safe workplace for a work area||Elective|
|BSBWRK520||Manage employee relations||Elective|
|BSBLED501||Develop a workplace learning environment||Elective|
Pivotal Education understands the philosophy that training should be tailored to suit individual client’s business objectives. Therefore, Pivotal Education can customise the elective units of competency to suit prospective client’s specific industry requirements. Customisation may result in changes to the duration required to complete the qualification.
Diploma of Leadership and Management can be delivered in the following locations:
- Pivotal Education campus
- Arranged external venue
Training is delivered through flexible work-based training & assessment including group sessions, one to one delivery and work station observation. This may include:
- Face to face instruction in a designated quiet area
- Practical demonstration in their work area as required
- Mentoring as required
- Component of self-paced study (as required) and
- Workplace supervision
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Short answer assessment questions
- Practical demonstration observation
- Project task
- Portfolio of evidence/workplace documents
- Third party report
- Indicates essential evidence of completing a work-based training
Assessment is conducted at the following session to which the training has been conducted allowing the participant to carry out tasks directly related to the unit of competency studied and the supervisor to adequately observe the student in depth during this time period.
Students are provided with the following:
- Student guides
- Student assessments
Students that successfully complete all 12 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with a certificate for BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT IN AQF QUALIFICATIONS
Please refer to Pivotal Education website at https://www.pivotal.edu.au/ for details of the following conditions of enrolment:
- Student entry support
- Language literacy numeracy
- Recognition of prior learning
- Credit transfer
- Verification of documentation
- Deferral of commencement
- Personal and contact details
- Unique student identifier
- Fee payments
- Refund and cancellation
- Consumer rights
FEE FOR SERVICE INFORMATION
This course is government subsidised. It means you may be eligible to pay a portion of the full course fee to Pivotal Education while the NSW Government pay the balance. Eligibility criteria apply.
Depending on your concession eligibility, past qualifications, and your experience, your fee will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations, visit smart and skilled
|Traineeship||$1000 (or $0 if eligible for NSW smart and skilled Fee-free traineeship)|
|Total Course fee||$10,000|
|Payment Options||Fee for Service Payment Plan Available|
This option is available in some circumstances and must be negotiated with Pivotal prior to the administrative date.
A deposit of $1,000 is payable before the administration date.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid
- The amount retained (25%) by Pivotal Education is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training
- Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Students may access the following website for all essential information regarding this Qualifications:
WHERE TO APPLY
All completed Enrolment Forms go directly to RTO Enrolments, Pivotal Education via email at any time. Enrolment forms in person will be accepted during business hours. Refer to RTO details chart below for contact details and business hours.
|RTO Name||Pivotal Education|
|Address||Level 8, 80 George Street Parramatta NSW 2150|
|Telephone||02 9687 9299|
|Fax||02 9687 9499|
|Business Hours||Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:30pm|
|After Hours Number||1800 664 527|
Get in Touch
Have an enquiry or some feedback for us? Fill out the form below to contact our team.