FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing
The FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing reflects the role of individuals working as operators in a food processing environment who have responsibility for overseeing all or part of a processing plant and related equipment. They are required to work autonomously, use judgement, interpret information, and apply solutions to routine and some non-routine problems. They may also take some responsibility for the output of others.
This qualification offers specialisations in:
- Bottling and Packaging
- Dairy Processing (cheese, powder and/or milk)
- Edible Oils (refining or cold pressing edible oils)
- Non-alcoholic Beverages (fruit juice, cordial)
- Pet Food (companion animals)
- Quality (for operator roles)
- Stock Feed (cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, poultry, fish – animals that produce for human consumption).
All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with state/territory food safety, and work health and safety codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
There are no stated entry requirements for FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing
52 weeks based on customisation with employer requirements but may vary based on:
- Customisation and employment outcome for elective units of competency selected
- Employee availability release time per week for work place training
The Certificate III in Food Processing targets those performing production related roles that require an application of industry specific skills and knowledge, including some technical and problem-solving ability. This qualification caters for multi-skilled outcomes and roles that include team leader functions within the production environment.
Pathways into the Qualification:
A pathway for candidates considering this qualification includes FBP20121 Certificate II in Food Processing
Pathways from the Qualification:
After successfully achieving FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing, candidates may undertake FBP40321 Certificate IV in Food Processing
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing consists of seventeen (17) units of competency:
- Five (5) core units, plus
- Twelve (12) elective units
|Unit Code||Unit Title||C/E|
|FBPFSY3003||Monitor the implementation of food safety and quality programs||Core|
|FBPFSY3004||Participate in traceability activities||Core|
|FBPOPR3019||Operate and monitor interrelated processes in a production or packaging system||Core|
|FBPOPR3021||Apply good manufacturing practice requirements in food processing||Core|
|FBPWHS3001||Contribute to work health and safety processes||Core|
|FBPOPR3004||Set up a production or packaging line for operation||Elective|
|FBPFSY3005||Control contaminants and allergens in food processing||Elective|
|FBPPPL3003||Participate in improvement processes||Elective|
|FBPFSY3002||Participate in HACCP team||Elective|
|FBPPPL3004||Lead work teams and groups||Elective|
|FBPPPL3006||Report on workplace performance||Elective|
|FSKLRG009||Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems||Elective|
|FBPOPR2095||Clean and sanitise equipment||Elective|
|FBPOPR2069||Use numerical applications in the workplace||Elective|
|MSS402051||Apply quality standards||Elective|
|MSMENV272||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices||Elective|
|MSS402001||Apply competitive systems and practices||Elective|
Pivotal Education understands the philosophy that training should be tailored to suit individual client’s business objectives. Therefore, Pivotal Education can customise the elective units of competency to suit prospective client’s specific industry requirements. Customisation may result in changes to the duration required to complete the qualification.
Pivotal Education delivers in the following locations:
- Workplace – employees can benefit from training and assessment in the work place and particularly in their work area to make the experience meaningful and relevant to vocational outcomes
- Pivotal Education – small classes can benefit from training and assessment at Pivotal Education’s own meeting room.
- External Venues – Pivotal Education arranges meeting rooms and simulated environments where required to deliver and assess part of a qualification or single unit of competency
Training is delivered through blended flexible work-based training and assessment including group sessions, one to one delivery and work station observation. This may include:
- Face to Face instruction in a designated quiet area
- Practical demonstration/observation in the work station area as required
- Integrated online learning through Canvas
- Component of self-paced study to research and prepare for assessments
- Workplace supervision
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Short Answer Assessment Questions
- Practical demonstration/ observation
- Project Task
- Portfolio of evidence – workplace documents
- Third Party report *
- indicates essential evidence of completing a work-based training
Students that successfully complete all 17 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Students that complete some but not all of the units of competency as stated in the Course Structure may be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Pivotal Education. It will identify only those units of competence that have been completed as part of the qualification and recognised nationally under the AQF.