MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice
The Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices specifies the competencies required to apply competitive systems and practices to one’s own work as well as, where required, to assist others to apply competitive systems and practices to their work.
This qualification provides a mixture of introductory and more advanced skills in competitive systems and practice.
This qualification provides the skills needed to improve efficiency in a person’s own work role or the efficiency of a team or work area. It complements but does not duplicate qualifications supplying operational, production, maintenance, logistics, administration, or other technical skills to industry. Where these skills are required appropriate qualifications from other Training Packages should be considered.
The skills in this qualification are often known in industry under a variety of titles many of which relate to manufacturing which is the origin of many competitive systems and practices. The most common term is lean manufacturing. However, other names for some of the system skills and techniques include agile manufacturing, lean operations, six sigmas, lean six sigma and so on.
This qualification is not intended to supply operational or technical skills that are used in conjunction with competitive systems and practices skills.
This qualification assumes that a learner has current or past work experience where operational or technical skills have already been gained and a supervisory, facilitation or similar level of responsibility exists. This qualification is not suitable for direct entry from school.
There are no entry requirements for MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice.
The duration for MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice is 420 hours delivered over 52 weeks but may vary based on:
- Customization and employment outcome for elective units of competency selected
- Employee available release time per week for work place training
- Submission of evidence for RPL or credit transfer
Graduates at this level are able to perform job roles related to this qualification may be in small or large organisations and include individuals who must support, facilitate or lead the work of others. The target job roles may be in:
- Team leaders
- Process or operational specialists in Production
- Transport and logistics
- Members of project teams implementing Competitive systems and practice
- Other job roles which require similar skills
The qualification can also apply to tradespersons in a maintenance or production role.
Pathways into the qualification:
This qualification is suitable for either:
- Direct entry, or
- Progression from the MSS20316 Certificate II in Competitive Systems and Practices
Pathways from the qualification:
After successfully achieving MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice, further training pathways from this qualification include:
- MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices
QUALIFICATION STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice course structure requires students to successfully complete ten (10) units of competency as follows:
- Three (3) core units of competency
- Seven (7) elective units of competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||C/E|
|MSS403001||Implement competitive systems and practises||Core|
|MSMENV272||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices||Core|
|MSS405013||Facilitate holistic culture improvement in an organisation||Elective|
|MSS402082||Apply cost factors to work practices||Elective|
|MSS403086||Improve cost factors in work practices||Elective|
|MSS403021||Facilitate a Just in Time system||Elective|
|MSMSUP390||Use structured problem-solving tools||Elective|
|MSS402021||Apply Just in Time procedures||Elective|
|MSS402040||Apply 5S procedure||Elective|
Pivotal Education understands the philosophy that training should be tailored to suit individual client’s business objectives. Therefore, Pivotal Education can customise the elective units of competency to suit prospective client’s specific industry requirements. Customisation may result in changes to the duration required to complete the qualification.
MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice can be delivered in the following locations:
- Pivotal Education campus
- Arranged external venue
Training is delivered through flexible work-based training & assessment including group sessions, one to one delivery and work station observation. This may include:
- Face to face instruction in a designated quiet area
- Practical demonstration in their work area as required
- Mentoring as required
- Component of self-paced study (as required) and
- Workplace supervision
Students will be assessed using relevant assessment methods for each unit which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Short answer assessment questions
- Practical demonstration observation
- Project task
- Portfolio of evidence/workplace documents
- Third party report
- Indicates essential evidence of completing a work-based training
Assessment is conducted at the following session to which the training has been conducted allowing the participant to carry out tasks directly related to the unit of competency studied and the supervisor to adequately observe the student in depth during this time period.
Students are provided with the following:
- Student guides
- Student assessments
Students that successfully complete all 10 units of competency as stated in the Course Structure will be issued with a certificate for MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practice by Pivotal Education. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT IN AQF QUALIFICATIONS
Please refer to Pivotal Education website at https://www.pivotal.edu.au/ for details of the following conditions of enrolment:
- Student entry support
- Language literacy numeracy
- Recognition of prior learning
- Credit transfer
- Verification of documentation
- Deferral of commencement
- Personal and contact details
- Unique student identifier
- Fee payments
- Refund and cancellation
- Consumer rights
FEE FOR SERVICE INFORMATION
This course is government subsidised. It means you may be eligible to pay a portion of the full course fee to Pivotal Education while the NSW Government pay the balance. Eligibility criteria apply.
Depending on your concession eligibility, past qualifications, and your experience, your fee will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations, visit smart and skilled
|Traineeship||$1000 (or $0 if eligible for NSW smart and skilled Fee-free traineeship)|
|Total Course fee||$7,160|
|Payment Options||Fee for Service Payment Plan Available|
This option is available in some circumstances and must be negotiated with Pivotal prior to the administrative date.
A deposit of $1,000 is payable before the administration date.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid
- The amount retained (25%) by Pivotal Education is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training
- Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Students may access the following website for all essential information regarding this Qualifications:
WHERE TO APPLY
All completed Enrolment Forms go directly to RTO Enrolments, Pivotal Education via email at any time. Enrolment forms in person will be accepted during business hours. Refer to RTO details chart below for contact details and business hours.
|RTO Name||Pivotal Education|
|Address||Level 8, 80 George Street Parramatta NSW 2150|
|Telephone||02 9687 9299|
|Fax||02 9687 9499|
|Business Hours||Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:30pm|
|After Hours Number||1800 664 527|